Newark Rugby Club are in a partnership with You Can Do Sport,
Newark's first and only multi sports academy.
Below are details of the LAST Taster day coming up and you are encouraged to go to one of these to find out more.
Fri, 24th August
10am - 12noon
@ Magnus Academy, Sports Centre
Short presentation about the benefits of the programme
Meet the coaches and tutors
Enjoy a training session followed by a match in either football or rugby
We will be lucky enough to have all 3 of our football coaches there, Andy Reid, Gary Charles and Ian McParland and Head Rugby Coach Jed Chappell from the Newark Rugby Club.
The main benefits for joining our Academy are -
1) It’s local - based in Newark so no need for lengthy and costly travel
2) It’s free - no fees and we offer a free match and training kit
3) Students are coached by former professionals who have played the sport, managed pro clubs and been head of youth development.
4) Students will train at brand new facilities - £12.5 million development at the YMCA Sports village on brand new 3G Pitches and £1.3 million expansion of the Newark Rugby Club facilities
5) Our programme is equivalent to 3 A-Levels so students can go straight to University amongst other options including employment, apprenticeships and scholarships
6) We include RFU and FA Coaching and Refereeing Qualifications
7) Our BTEC delivers a holistic education in Sport including Nutrition, Physio, Anatomy, Leadership - so the career path options are vast
8) Some of our coaches are Scouts
9) The majority of the assessments are practical & video evidence based
10) Magnus have a 100% pass rate with their BTEC in Sport, 77% of whom receive A or A* and the rest B or C.
For further details PLEASE download the following document
To find out more and to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07980 761 311